Monday February 22

We started learning about 2d and 3d shapes. The children were given popsicle sticks and pipe cleaners and had to make as many shapes as they could. We talked about each shape and what it looks like. We played shape games with a partner where one partner drew a shape and the other had to ask yes or no questions to try and figure out what the shape is. For example, "Does it have 4 corners?" "Does it have 3 sides?" etc. 

We continued to work on our penguin dioramas. 

We had music and gym. Ask your child what they did with Mrs. Coulson and Mr. Der?

Wednesday is PINK shirt day. Please wear pink in support of always treating others with kindness.  

Friday is an AM kindergarten day. 








Please practice our penguin song at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvdngdI506U


                                PM Kindergarten please practice our penguin poem at home :) 

If I were a penguin I would dive in the water.

I'd swing and eat fish, squid and krill.

If I were a penguin,

I'd keep my egg safe.

I'd protect it for two months from winters chill.

If I were a penguin,

I'd wear black and white and belly slide down hills.

If I were a penguin, 

I'd waddle to the ocean on a hot or cold day. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Memories of Kindergarten

Monday September 21